Elser Financial Planning, Inc. was founded in 2007.
EFP provides personalized, confidential financial planning and investment management to individuals, trusts, estates and small businesses. Advice is provided through consultation with our clients and may include: determination of financial objectives, identification of financial problems, cash flow management, tax planning, insurance review, investment management, education funding, retirement planning and estate planning.
EFP does not act as a custodian of client assets, and clients always receive statements and trade confirmations from an independent custodian. We place trades for clients under a limited power of attorney. EFP is strictly a fee-only financial planning and investment management firm. We do not sell annuities or insurance or invest in any mutual funds or limited partnerships that pay a commission to the firm. We are not affiliated with entities that sell such financial products or securities.
As fiduciaries, we serve our clients’ best interests through our advice, planning, and investment management.
Derek Hamilton, CFP®, JD
Education Experience Appointments/Memberships firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan C. Elser, CFP®
Education Experience Appointments/Memberships Honors email@example.com
Linda D. Murphy, FPQP™, Financial Paraplanner Qualified Professional™
- College For Financial Planning (Degree in Paraplanning, 2006)
- Indiana University School of Medicine (B.S. Occupational Therapy, 1984)
- Paraplanner, Elser Financial Planning, Inc. (2006 – present)
Jonathan Herndon, CFP®
Jon builds a relationship with each of his clients to understand their personal concerns and goals, and to determine the best approach to help them achieve their goals. He provides financial planning at a rate of $150/hour in any of the following areas: budgeting, retirement saving, employee benefit selection, education funding, charitable giving, tax planning, life insurance needs and investment portfolio review.
Olivet Nazarene University (B.S. Economics and Finance, CFP® Concentration, Magna Cum Laude, 2015)
- Certified Financial Planner®, Elser Financial Planning, Inc. (2015 – present)
- Associated Student Council VP for Finance, Olivet Nazarene University (2014 – 2015)
- Financial Planning and Analysis, Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. (2014)
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (Member since 2018)
- Financial Planning Association (Member since 2018)
Ryan R. Miller, CFP®, AIF®
Feeling the pull to come back home, Ryan and his family returned to Indiana in 2018, after spending 13
years in St. Louis, Missouri. Since his career began in 2007, Ryan has worked with people from many
different backgrounds and careers, including corporate executives, physicians, and entrepreneurs. He
appreciates the interaction that comes with a career in personal financial planning and helping people
find peace of mind so they can spend time enjoying other things. Whether his clients need assistance
combing through complex employee benefit plans or simply need some guidance on a particular issue,
Ryan finds satisfaction in helping them. He focuses on serving clients in Northern Indiana.
Ryan loves spending time with his wife and their two children and occasionally getting out on the golf
course. While his golf game isn’t up to par these days, he still enjoys playing.
- University of Missouri-St. Louis (B.S. Business Administration, 2008)
- Certified Financial Planner®, Elser Financial Planning, Inc. (2018-Present)
- Wealth Manager, Plancorp, LLC (2011-2018)
- Financial Planning Associate, Plancorp, LLC (2008-2011)
Eric Shetter, CFP®
Eric’s primary role is financial plan writing. He works to create a rapport with each client to better serve their individual financial goals and aid them in meeting their challenges. Eric is excited about his transition to the financial planning industry after 21 years of service in education as an economics teacher in our public schools.
- Masters Equivalent in Economics, Government & U.S. History
- University of Southern Indiana, Teacher Certificate in Economics, Government & U.S. History (1994)
- Purdue University, BA (1990)
- Assistant Plan Writer, Elser Financial Planning, Inc. (2017-present)
- MSD of Lawrence Twp: Economics Teacher (2001-2016)
- Vigo County School Corp: Social Studies Teacher (1997-2001)
Keisha Starks, Investment Operations/Office Manager
Keisha’s primary role as Administrative Assistant/Investment Operations is client communication and office administration. Keisha has previously worked in event/hospitality management and corporate 401(k) management and her focus and drive has always been to assist others achieve their goals. Within the next year, Keisha’s goal is to become a Financial Paraplanner Qualified Professional. Her long term goal is to become a Certified Financial Planner.
- Indiana Wesleyan (MBA, Masters of Business Administration, 2012)
- Indiana University (BA, Event & Hospitality Management, 2010)
- Indiana University (AA, Special Event Management, 2008)
- Administrative Assistant/Investment Operations, Elser Financial Planning, Inc. (2018 – present)
- 401(k) Manager, Rose Financial Group, LLC (2017 – 2018)
- Front Office Manager, Marriott International (2006 – 2011)