Elser Financial Planning, Inc. was founded in 2007.
EFP provides personalized, confidential financial planning and investment management to individuals, trusts, estates and small businesses. Advice is provided through consultation with our clients and may include: determination of financial objectives, identification of financial problems, cash flow management, tax planning, insurance review, investment management, education funding, retirement planning and estate planning.
EFP does not act as a custodian of client assets, and clients always receive statements and trade confirmations from an independent custodian. We place trades for clients under a limited power of attorney. EFP is strictly a fee-only financial planning and investment management firm. We do not sell annuities or insurance or invest in any mutual funds or limited partnerships that pay a commission to the firm. We are not affiliated with entities that sell such financial products or securities.
As fiduciaries, we serve our clients’ best interests through our advice, planning, and investment management.
Derek Hamilton, CFP®, JD
Education Experience Appointments/Memberships email@example.com
Susan C. Elser, CFP®
Education Experience Appointments/Memberships Honors firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda D. Murphy, FPQP™, Financial Paraplanner Qualified Professional™
- College For Financial Planning (Degree in Paraplanning, 2006)
- Indiana University School of Medicine (B.S. Occupational Therapy, 1984)
- Paraplanner, Elser Financial Planning, Inc. (2006 – present)
Jonathan Herndon, CFP®
Jon builds a relationship with each of his clients to understand their personal concerns and goals, and to determine the best approach to help them achieve their goals. He provides financial planning at a rate of $150/hour in any of the following areas: budgeting, retirement saving, employee benefit selection, education funding, charitable giving, tax planning, life insurance needs and investment portfolio review.
Olivet Nazarene University (B.S. Economics and Finance, CFP® Concentration, Magna Cum Laude, 2015)
- Financial Planner, Elser Financial Planning, Inc. (2015 – present)
- Associated Student Council VP for Finance, Olivet Nazarene University (2014 – 2015)
- Financial Planning and Analysis, Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. (2014)
Eric’s primary role is financial plan writing. He works to create a rapport with each client to better serve their individual financial goals and aid them in meeting their challenges. Eric is excited about his transition to the financial planning industry after 21 years of service in education as an economics teacher in our public schools.
- Masters Equivalent in Economics, Government & U.S. History
- University of Southern Indiana, Teacher Certificate in Economics, Government & U.S. History (1994)
- Purdue University, BA (1990)
- Assistant Plan Writer, Elser Financial Planning, Inc. (2017-present)
- MSD of Lawrence Twp: Economics Teacher (2001-2016)
- Vigo County School Corp: Social Studies Teacher (1997-2001)
Deborah Bushfield, FPQP™, Financial Paraplanner Qualified Professional™
Deb’s primary role as Administrative Assistant is client communication and office administration. Deb has previously worked as a teacher, freelance editor and writing coach with a wide variety of clients, and her focus and drive has always been to help others achieve their goals.
- College For Financial Planning (Degree in Paraplanning, 2016)
- Indiana University (MFA – Master of Fine Arts, 1989)
- University of Evansville (BA, English Composition, Summa cum Laude, 1986)
- Administrative Assistant, Elser Financial Planning, Inc. (2016 – present)
- Owner and primary writing coach/editor of WritejustRight (2008 – present)
- Administrative Assistant to senior pastor at St. Luke’s UMC (2012-2013)
- Adjunct faculty at IUPU Columbus (2002-2007)
Allison’s primary responsibilities are to support investment operations, client service and office administration. Before joining our firm, Allison used her communication and financial knowledge in the healthcare industry.
- Indiana University (MHA- Masters in Health Administration, 2013)
- Indiana University (BS, Health Administration, Cum Laude, 2011)
- Investment Management Specialist/Administrative Assistant (2018-present)
- IU Health Physicians, Operations Specialist & Clinic Manager (2013-2018